Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Sky Shot! ( and/or replacement )

Motoheads:  Hey man ...  if/when Broome or other facilities have open practice sessions and/or you just want to create some killer shots - let me know.  This guy was getting some pretty consistently good air off of the big jump at the top of the hill @Broome this past Sunday and for a not planned shoot - pretty cool!  ( if I do say so myself )

Yes I swapped out the sky.  While we had nice conditions on Sunday - again - this was not planned and with the equipment I had on hand, and portability always a top concern for shooting the races ...  I (as a shooter) often have to compromise.  I could expose for the sky (rider will be dark) or expose for the rider - sky will probably blow out or (best case scenario) be somewhat over exposed and not really all that great.  The original photo was the latter.

Now if this or a similar shot had been a planned thing ...  I could bring in lots of lights, expose for the sky (and then slightly underexpose - just a tad -  it to make it a little darker and richer) and then with multiple strobes nuke the rider as he/she (you) come into frame.

So long as you don't crash and or kill me -we could have some fun and make some wickedly cool photo's.  :)

Click the photo to view it larger | Click here to view the full size export at 1800px

No comments:

Post a Comment