Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

Fuji Play and Waterfalls

...  gotta post this quick - have to run car to garage for repairs.  I think I have a few more keepers that will wind up here.  Briefly though:

Oxbow Falls at Oxbow County Park in Madison County, NY.

Click the photo to see it larger | Click here to view the 1800px export (much bigger)
( .... a few hours of time has passed )

OK - dropped the car off, came back home, played with the dogs for a while, fed them, fed me, and just exported these other two keepers from the little batch of photo's that I took today at the falls.

I had seen signs for this little park in the past but had never stopped to check it out.  It's a nice little place - it would be good for a quiet day picnic with some friends and/or family.  The falls are nothing compared to Chittenango State Park which is 20 or 30 miles south of here.  But this is a nice, small'ish quiet little park none-the-less.

So I went down into the creek bed / falls and photographed my way back up and out.  The top photo is from the furthest point down in that I had gone on this particular outing.  The next two are sequential as I worked my way back up.

Click the photo to see it larger | Click here to view the 1800px export (much bigger)

Click the photo to see it larger | Click here to view the 1800px export (much bigger)
This was the first time that I have shot raw with this little Fuji body.  The thing produces huge files - averaging 32 - 33 meg .raf files!  Wow....  way bigger, and presumably packed with far more data, than either of my Nikons.  Talk about chewing up disk space though ..  ouch.  The more I use and learn this little camera though, the more I like it...  :)

The middle photo above:  yes - the lens did catch a few water drops in case you happen to notice those ...  'eh.

I may go back to this little park sometime in the future ...  not sure.  Maybe after a hard rain or a good long rain - see if the water is running a bit higher and faster, and maybe the falls will be a bit more "fally".  <grin>  :)

-=- jd -=-

No comments:

Post a Comment