Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

01 April

My little Fuji X-T1 (take ii*) showed up yesterday and I used it this afternoon on my way home.  I was actually just about home for all of these pictures.  ( *I sent the original one back in for replacement as the first one had a few issues... )

Anyway -- one of several cool looking barns right on route 38 just 5 minutes from my house in Berkshire.  Unfortunately a number of these old(er) barns are literally falling down.  I've thought about stopping in and introducing myself to the property owners and asking if I could grab some shots of these old barns before they do disappear.

Click the photo's to view them larger.


So after taking a pic or two of the barn above I decided to swing by one of my favorite places in the Berkshire area that is a dilapidated remnant from the local past.  The remainder of these are from what is left of the old Howland Brother's Mill.  I'm still learning this little camera and figuring out what it is and isn't good for, what it can and can't do (or maybe it can and I just don't know how yet... ).


With spring like weather possibly, finally, starting to show itself there was a fair amount of water in the vicinity and I was kind of digging the reflections that could be found by hunting around for the right angle of view.  The camera has one of those articulating rear display screens which makes it really nice for composing an image from a low angle point of view - without actually having to get down low.  :)


So after grabbing a couple of externals in their respective "reflection pools" I happen to notice that some of the local yahoo's have been busy brushing up on their graffiti skills.


...  more water and reflections at the next couple.  These are all, by the way, nearly straight out of that little camera - shot as jpegs too.  Really.  I normally shoot raw with my Nikon's but Adobe still hasn't released an updated engine for Lightroom that can deal with the Fuji raw files.  Not a big deal though for me at present - again - still learning this little camera and besides - the jpeg's look surprisingly good right out of cam anyway!  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment