Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2014

Red Robin Diner Johnson City, N.Y.

My wife, mother-in-law and I found ourselves in Johnson City earlier today ...  wife was getting treated for an issue at the hospital.  Mother-in-law and I decided that we needed to find some chow ...  she doesn't know the area.  Now I've lived in and around the greater Binghamton area on and off for over 40 years.  In all that time the Red Robin diner has always existed (as far as I know) on Main St. in J.C. but I'd never been there so that is where we decided to go.

Cashing out after lunch at the Red Robin in J.C.  Photo types - this is actually a composited / HDR.  While waiting on the cashier to get change, I just set the fuji on the counter top, flipped the display screen up so I could see & compose and then started twiddling the shutter speed while watching the various elements in the scene come and go in and out of exposure.  I took about 4 or 5 shots and then blended them using a combination of photomatix and photoshop.  Final cleanup and export out of lightroom. --- Click the photo to view it larger
It is a neat, interesting, throwback kind of a place.  I had my little fuji with me ...  grabbed a few random candid shots, most with the camera just sitting on the table and/or counter top and using the excellent live view mode (display on the back of it) to compose and meter with.  I'd like to speak with the owner of the joint about getting some time to shoot the place - that might be kind of neat.

Every booth and/or table had its own little (functional) jukebox - this was the one at our booth.  ---  Click the photo to view it larger
"...  so whats on this menu?"  ---  Click the photo to view it larger
 The kitten in the window - well - thats exactly what it was.  ;)  We had parked the car a half block or so away and were walking to the diner.  We were crossing the street when I happened to notice this little kitten pop into a window so I ran back across the street and <click> shot him/her.  Yeah -- thats me in the reflection too at the top of the frame.;)

Meow .....  ---  Click the photo to view it larger

No comments:

Post a Comment