Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014

Fuji X-T1

Yeah ...  I got one.  :)  I was, and am, so intrigued with all of the old school style analog, manual controls on this thing - plus it has leapt to the top of the heap in the photo crowd for it's class of camera (mirrorless) as a top contender - I had to get my paws on one.

Click to view it larger | Click here to view the full sized export (1800px)
It's different than my Nikon's.  Quite a bit different.  Singularly the thing that I find myself having the toughest time adjusting to is, actually, the size of the thing.  It's so damned small... !!  I'm so used to my big ole Nikon's which just "fall" into my hands and fit them like a glove.  I can get to every control, every button, every dial, etc on either of the Nikon's without even having to look at them - I just know where they are and what each one does.  This one ... no so much just yet.  ( I keep over reaching and missing actually....  ) I'm trying to be being patient and learning how to remap / reassign buttons and controls to get more comfortable with it.

Click to view it larger | Click here to view the full sized export (1800px)
The little thing produces some seriously cool images though - even jpg's straight out of camera.  Like these. These are literally SOOC to use the photo geek acronym.  Straight Out Of Camera.  They were shot as jpg's (as opposed to raw) and then just pulled off of the memory card into lightroom (no post processing done on the import).  I looked 'em over and didn't even crop 'em - just exported 'em slapping my little watermark on them.

Bam.  It's a neat little camera - much to learn.  Can't wait for the warmer spring weather to arrive....

No comments:

Post a Comment